Thursday, August 25, 2005

Rantings and ramblings of a.....maniac

I love to crib...its one of the things I am most comfortable doing as you would have seen through the remainder of my blog. And today , in retrospect gives me a whole lot of things to crib about.
I remember how whenever we had a bad day, or a submission went badly, or late, or we had managed to do and submit it in time,..... the reason ranged from depressed moods to hunger to me just urging them on , Monika, Sapna, Komathi(sometimes) and myself would head to the ice-cream shop in our shopping centre or s.c for short. Its amazing how spending a little money makes you feel good or better or temporarily satiated :).....

Anyways getting back to where I was, my day went badly because
1. I was having trouble understanding the head and tail of Dijkstr'a paper on the structure of a multi-programming system.
2. I had zilch or nil class participation today ...since it was the same paper that was discussed. The only thing I learnt was "take things easy " .
3. My interview for a job, the second round went horribly. It was very nice of them to try to match me with the kind of job I would like....namely data mining , but as soon as it came to answering questions part it back-fired .......I could recall nothing of any A.I algos I would have studied or not studied while passing Bachelor's .
Sigh! There is nothing worse than making yourself out to be a fool.....I mean proving that you ARE a fool to someone.

And just to get over these two incidents, Shalini has decided to accompany me to Gallagher theatre ...its the on campus movie theatre and we have an offer of one ticket free with another (student discounts books- are available all over campus which have all these great deals like free pizzas and movies).
Plus LuAnn has planned a weekend for us in downtown, for a festival celebrating the founding of Tucson. So there is a lot to look forward for the weekend. I am also planning on a new laptop ...not getting it free ...I have to buy it for now. And my brother is really after me to get an Apple, becoz the Ipod is free with it. Only thing will be getting used to the Tiger O/S. But I am still leaning towards Dell, since it will be out of my loan money it should be on the cheaper side with the best configurations :)..............

So long for now, who would have thought I would be having not-getting-a-job blues after having worked for a year .......

5 comments:

Alex said...

Hey...
Go get an icecream sandwich and cool down. Have fun, hang around, come back n attack your paper!

Everything's gonna work out fine.. n btw, get a cool laptop..
Take care.

Anshuman said...

i have heard that in the states, dell offers the most competitive pricing & value-for-money. Anyways, i got myself a new cell phone today (the earlier one was from an ancient era which went ka-put few days back to never work again). This time its a nokia-6225 camera phone :-D

regarding the crib part, its good to complain, coz thats only possible when u can find faults, which is only possible when u r observant abt them (and unhappy with the 'givens' around you). Crib, and follow it up with action - way to go !

SAURABH said...

Long time ...no updates

Anshuman said...

a busy-bee all-ready? :-p

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing when the little pebbles of thought we leave along the way for posterity finally fructifies ? The Apple notebook you had thought about in your first semester finally is a reality and you are about to join one of the top companies starting next month. Everything is well and life is good it seems (-:

Btw, not being a computer engineer myself I am not aware of Dijkstra's algo on multiprogramming systems but I do recollect learning about a graph theory problem (Shortest Path Algo. or Dijkstra's algorithm for directed graphs etc) and found it to be pretty helpful for the work I was doing at that time and I must admit initially I had trouble with that too.