Saturday, August 23, 2008

Me myself and myself - one liners

The following are my rants followed by my rants :). Caution: do not read at risk of losing mental sanity.
I wish I were a positive person - like the one who sees silver linings on every cloud kind of thing.

I have heard somewhere the first step in turning your wishes to reality is turning the word wish in the sentence into do/am.

I wish I was not turning into my worst nightmare - an 8a.m - 5p.m cube monkey who finds solace in work, who finds that work is the only means of shutting out the other pieces of life he/she is not able to tackle..... who doesn't know life without work ...and who would rather work than be anywhere else.

I wish I could still be a child, see the world through rose-tinted glasses. (My post, my space, I can write what I wish .... and heavens knows why I needed to justify that).

I wish I could protect those/that I consider the most pure in my life. But I do a bad job at this, mainly because of the subject line.

Nothing seems to happen the way you thought they would, nothing turns out the way you had EXPECTED them to.

Expectations are the root of every or most problems.

Very nice saying from my friend's status message: he who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. I wish I had the why, then the how's would be easier, but the point is the why is an eternal never-ending search for me. (not to mention use of both never-ending and eternal is redundant).

Elizabeth Taylor had said: nobody can make you feel inferior unless you let them. I do just that.

I don't think I am marriage material yet if anybody knows what that means. maybe I will be by my marriage date.

I consider myself damned lucky in some ways and damned unlucky in others.

There must be at least one person in the world right now who understands why I am saying what I am saying.

You are a lone reed (courtesy You've got mail) even when you think you are not.

"You were born a street rat , you will die a street rat and only your fleas will mourn you"...in the Zafar like snarl courtesy Aladdin.

The solution to half the world's problems is having A sympathetic ear, who is willing to listen and tell you where you are wrong.

The solution to the other half is a warm hug.

goodnight.